Monday 21 November 2011

Monday, 19 November, 2011

I was up at 02:50 hrs this morning, unable to sleep and ended up working on my novel until 06:30 hrs. After a brief snooze, I was mucking out and feeding the pigs at 07:45 hrs.

In short, hardly ideal preparation for an ascent on Monthiallier, especially with the added weight of my backpack.

After some hesitation, I set out anyway at 09:07 hrs with Bin, but after 30 mins (the first 30 mins being the steepest) I was utterly bushed. I had only reached the forest above the house, walking through deep copper-coloured banks of leaves.

Nothing for it - I knew I had no chance of making it and I turned back. Still, a good hour's walk on an extremely mild morning, too mild for my taste for late-November. Where's the snow?

It did however give me a good opportunity to photograph my descent, from the forest to the house.

Hoping for an earlier night tonight and a full summit tomorrow, although the weather forecast is not looking as helpful as it might.

Coming back down through the forest.




Emerging from the forest to the high-pasture above our house.


An old estive path.


A wild bee hive.



Les Batisses










Bin & Tess at Meymont.






The view of our village coming down the mountain.








The oak tree at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment